Thank You for floating with us! It was another incredible day of fun on the Grand River because of you. Hundreds of you said YES, and you floated, you played, you raised funds, and you made a significant difference in the lives of children across Canada living with severe physical disabilities or life threatening illnesses. The generosity of our float sponsors made the event possible, and every floater made more dreams come true yesterday.
You helped raise over $85,000 surpassing last year, with more pledges still to be counted! We believe donations will top $90,000 in only our second year! Thank you inviting your friends and family to support your fundraising efforts. The website will still accept donations for another 30 days toward your team or individual goals. The website will then convert to planning for 2018 -- date to be announced soon.
This year we are announcing the official winners of the Team Challenge Award and the Team Spirit Award electronically and our Event Team will hit the road to deliver and video capture the presentation of both awards.
Congratulations to Hot Sauce, the winner of the Team Challenge Award, presented by BDO Canada LLP:
Congratulations to VersaBank Vikings, the winner of the Team Spirit Award:
Also, a grand thank you to team and individual fundraisers for raising vital funds for Sunshine Dreams:
Top Team Fundraisers
- 1st Place Team: Let's Send Ed Down the River, winning a Toronto Argonauts Game Day Team Package
- 2nd Place Team: VersaBank Vikings, winning ten (10) tickets to a Hamilton TigerCats Home Game and a floating cooler
- 3rd Place Team: BDO Kitchener-Waterloo, winning a Grand River Rafting Experience for ten (10) and a floating cooler
- 4th Place Team: Riverboat Fantasy, honourable mention
- 5th Place Team: Big Dreamers Only, honourable mention
Top Individual Fundraisers
Dreams can change a life forever. Our sincere gratitude to each and every floater, sponsor, donor and our extraordinary volunteers for believing in the power of dreams. We look forward to floating with you again in 2018. Stay tuned for a date announcement.