They Rocked their Floats!
On June 23rd, 2018, teams of floaters had a rocking good time on the Grand River! Sporting wet and wild costumes, this charity fundraiser rallied co-workers, friends, and families from across southwestern Ontario to paddle 5.5 km down the Grand River and test their skills with fun on-water team challenges.
The 2018 event raised over $75,600 to help transform the lives of children living with severe physical disabilities or life-threatening illnesses! Support from business sponsors and the hundreds of enthusiastic floaters who raised pledges, are the essential ingredients to making Float for Dreams an exceptional event year over year.
The date for Sunshine Float for Dreams 2019 will be announced shortly. If you are interested in registering or receiving more information, please subscribe below:
2018 Awards and Prizes:
- Team Challenge Award, presented by BDO Canada LLP: STUBBMARINE
- Team Spirit Award, presented by VersaBank: Start.ca
Top Team Fundraisers:
- 1st Place Team: BDO Waterloo, VIP package for 12 people to the London Airshow 2018; generously provided by Airshow London.
- 2nd Place Team: S.S. Minnow, Eight 18-hole passes with a golf cart at FireRock Golf Club in London, generously donated by Culliton Inc., PLUS a floating cooler.
- 3rd Place Team: VersaBank, Wine tasting tour for 10 people at Joseph’s Estate Wines, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- 4th Place Team: BDO London Managers, Turbo tubing experience on the Grand River for 10 people, courtesy of Grand River Rafting
Top Individual Fundraiser:
- David Taylor, Niagara Parks Passes for two, courtesy of Niagara Parks.
A huge thanks to all of the floaters, volunteers, community supporters, and sponsors who helped make this day a great success!