They Rocked their Floats!
On June 23rd, 2018, teams of floaters had a rocking good time on the Grand River! Sporting wet and wild costumes, this charity fundraiser rallied co-workers, friends, and families from across southwestern Ontario to paddle 5.5 km down the Grand River and test their skills with fun on-water team challenges.
Did we mention that over $71,142 in funds were raised this year (and counting!) to help transform the lives of children living with severe physical disabilities or life-threatening illnesses!? Support from business sponsors and the hundreds of enthusiastic floaters who raised pledges, are the essential ingredients to making Float for Dreams an exceptional event year over year.
The 2018 Team Challenge Award, presented by BDO Canada LLP was presented to STUBBMARINE at our post-float celebration in Brant Park. This team earned close to 500 points by completing challenges with record results.
The team with the best spirit as voted by their competitors, was Start.ca who were presented the Team Spirit Award sponsored by VersaBank.
A “ROCKING” thank you to team and individual fundraisers for your boatloads of support. While donations are expected to continue for several more weeks, below are this year’s top fundraisers:
Top team fundraisers:
- 1st Place Team: BDO Waterloo, VIP package for 12 people to the London Airshow 2018; generously provided by Airshow London.
- 2nd Place Team: S.S. Minnow, Eight 18-hole passes with a golf cart at FireRock Golf Club in London, generously donated by Culliton Inc., PLUS a floating cooler.
- 3rd Place Team: VersaBank, Wine tasting tour for 10 people at Joseph’s Estate Wines, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- 4th Place Team: BDO London Managers, Turbo tubing experience on the Grand River for 10 people, courtesy of Grand River Rafting
Top individual fundraiser:
- 1st Place: David Taylor, Niagara Parks Passes for two, courtesy of Niagara Parks.
A huge thanks to all of the volunteers, community supporters and sponsors who helped make this day a great success!